Active Care Chiropractic – Clinic Reopening
After 10 weeks closed due to corona virus lock-down we are planning our clinic reopening on Monday June 1st.
For the safety of all of our patients, staff and the wider community our clinic reopening will include some very strict policies and procedures.
These are quite long but very important so please take the time to read them.
Some of the important measures we are going to take include:
- Phil (our chiropractor) will be working in a one use mask, gloves and apron changed between every appointment.
- In line with government guidelines everybody will be asked to wear a mask while in the clinic.https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control/covid-19-personal-protective-equipment-ppe
- Staff will arrive in non work clothes and change into clinical clothes onsite directly before each shift.
- Work clothing will then be washed onsite immediately after each shift.
- There will be a 15 minute gap between all appointments. This will reduce contact with other people and allow plenty of time to disinfect all surfaces after each visit.
- We will use 2 separate treatment rooms so that each room has a 45 minute period with 2 windows open between appointments. This will allow the room to ventilate and allow all cleaning products to fully dry before the next use.
- All rooms have been emptied of unnecessary furniture and equipment.
- We are reducing our clinical hours to reduce unnecessary risk, we anticipate significantly less than half the usual footfall.
- We will send you a screening questionnaire the day before each appointment asking about symptoms as per NHS guidance https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/
- We will call you shortly before your appointment to ensure you understand the situation and feel treatment is appropriate.
- You will be offered the opportunity to pay by card during the call to further reduce risk.
- Alternatively please pay using “contactless” or online payment to reduce unnecessary contact in the clinic.
We Ask You to:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your appointment.
- If you do arrive more than 5 minutes before please wait in your car.
- If you are not in a car please maintain a minimum 2 meters distance in the waiting room.
- Please do not bring unnecessary items into the clinic.
- Please dress appropriately for your appointment as we will be unable to provide treatment gowns.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the front door.
- Please be aware that we will check your temperature you enter the front door.
- Please bring a mask if you have one, if you don’t we can provide one but we have a very limited supply. We are trying to minimise the amount of PPE we buy as we are acutely aware that the NHS need is greater than ours.
All of these measures for our clinic reopening are based on a variety of sources including government advice: http://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19 .
If you have any questions or concerns please do feel free to contact us: https://activecarechiro.co.uk/contact-us/